Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tequila Lime Chicken



Tonight was Tequila Lime Chicken from  a Barefoot Contessa Recipe along with a Corn, Black Bean and Tomato Salad from Giada. Both of these turned out great, if I do say so myself.
The chicken was marinated overnight in Gold Tequila, fresh lime juice, chopped jalepeno, garlic, fresh orange juice and chili powder. Since Bruce is our resident grill expert, he got to participate and grilled them to perfection.

The salad included the corn, black beans, onion, tomato, jicama, cayanne and paprika. It is dressed with a sauce of lemon juice, lime juice, zests, olive oil and agave nectar. This was especially fun to make because I'd never used jicama or agave nectar before. Definitely a recipe I will make again, and Bruce gives it two thumbs up, he loved this stuff, he was eating it while the chicken grilled!

I felt like the sunflowers would be a fine plating for this dish, and brought out the plates, sunflower napkins and even the sunflower goblets. I'm a firm believer that pretty dishes make any meal better.

It's exciting for me to know that there are actually some of you reading these posts. I've heard that some of you weren't able to post feedback, so hopefully I've fixed that. For those that have asked, I got both of these recipes off of Foodnetwork.com.

My sister-in-law will be visiting us next week, so the planning for next weeks meal has already started. Not sure yet what it will be......any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment