Saturday, February 5, 2011

My 30 Year Old!!

Wednesday was Sara's 30th birthday! Since everyone was working, we postponed our celebration to Friday. During the day Peyton and I went and did some shopping. With his past history of gift selection for his mama I was a little hesitant (this is the child who picked the giant Santa hat!!). However, he marched into the "PussyCat Boutique" with me, made a bee-line to the jewelry counter and with much deliberation chose a really cute pair of earrings! A pair of Miss Me jeans caught his eye after that, score another one for the big guy. As we headed to the counter to pay, one last item caught his eye - THE SHOES. In his mind they were a must have for his mama! 6 inch heels, suede, animal print - well what good Grandma could say no to that? We got back to the house where the little guy whipped up some cupcakes, wrapped his presents (grandma only helped a little bit), and waited for the birthday girl. She was so delighted when he ran up with his presents yelling "Happy Birthday"!!!!! Of course Sara love the gifts, the earrings were put on immediately, jean tried on, and shoes placed back in the box for return :)!!

I can't believe my daughter is 30. Time has gone so fast. When I think of you, Sara, I see

My baby girl who could charm an entire grocery store with her smile
A three year old bumblebee doing her first recital
The six-year-old big sister making sure her brother didn't fall off the teeter-totter
My ten year old diagnosed with terminal cancer, who proved the doctors wrong
A beautiful ballerina in white, dancing to the music from "Forest Gump"
My little girl driving off to Lawrence High on her first day in her new car
Boldness as you step on the stage for the "Miss Lawrence Teen" pageant as if you had been doing this all your life
I see your back heading in to your dorm as we drop you off at KU
Our house filled with girls, laughter, dance and cell phones when you and all of the Crimson Girls stay with us
Your bravery as we drive your little Eclipse to Tucson, so you can begin your life in Arizona
Your passion for little boy, before you even saw him.

I love you with all my heart, dear daughter. Through your joys, sorrows, successes and struggles you have shown your strength. You are indeed small but mighty. You have a huge heart. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment