Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quilt Camp

I just got home from "Pines and Needles", a bed and breakfast for quilters, in Christopher Creek. Don't know if you can imagine 10 women talking and laughing while 10 sewing machines are whirring non-stop! We had a great time, ate a lot of great food (thanks to Kim our excellent hostess), laughed a Whole lot and slept a little. The productivity was amazing, and I got some fun pictures of our weekend.

Jodi was the most productive of us all. I think she finished four tops and started on another.

Sassy Kathy (she's the shy one of the group) finished her king size top and was putting the blocks in place before sewing them.

This is a picture of the whole group with a few of the quilts on the fence. It was awsome up in the mountains, cool, crisp nights and warm sunny days. Perfect for a walk in the pines.


I even finished the top of this king size quilt I'd been working on. I'm hoping to get the back put together and get it to Jodi for quilting this week. Can't wait until the next time I go to camp!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I see that Kathy was there too! Haven't seen her in a while. I'm very impressed with the amount of work you did. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt you made, Laurel, and your photos depict a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete