Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lunch with Debbie

I went to lunch today with my friend, Debbie. She and I both moved to Arizona about 5 years ago, and have helped each other to get used to the land that "looks like a litter box", to quote Deb. We have done at least 10 bible studies together since then, laughed together, celebrated births and grieved deaths together. She will be moving back to her beloved mountains of Colorado later this Spring, and I promise not to feel sorry for myself when she goes. Until then, hopefully there will be many more laughs and hugs and lots of fun. Love ya, Deb.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love Deb's characterization of the AZ landscape, deserved or no; it's a laugh-aloud. I wouldn't know about the deserving part, having never seen AZ, but I do know a litterbox, so I get the picture and mayhap should keep my distance. ;o)

    As your beloved friend heads for the hills this spring, she'll be my daughter's neighbor. There's an old hymn which brings comfort: "We'll never say goodbye in heaven." Amen and amen. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Deb by for me - she's such a sweetheart, I'm sorry I don't get to see her more often. Too bad we missed your garage sale - we might have found some good stuff!
    Love ya,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete