Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Garage Sale Guru

30 years ago, when I fell head over heels crazy-in-love with the hot IBMer who drove the blue corvette, I never would have imagined that he would be the garage sale guru. I personally hate everything about a garage sale, whether having one or going to one. My handsome husband loves to host a good sale and he did another bang-up job yesterday. We spent most of the week going through closets and cabinets, digging out all the extra "stuff" we had accumulated since moving 5 years ago. Bruce becomes ruthless (I had to save my favorite candlesticks or they would have been gone!) Bless his heart, he made his signs, had them all out yesterday morning and started his sale at 8. He even loves me so much, he scheduled the event for a day I worked, so I was long gone for all the "fun". To my surprise and delight, I came home to an empty garage and husband with over $400!! So, in spite of my whining and complaining, I think being married to a "Garage Sale Guru" is a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

  1. He started at 8am? Slacker! hehe! I'm so happy to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete