Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bag Time

When it's summer and blazing hot, I want to stay indoors and out of the heat. Spending time sewing is one of my favorite things to do on a free day. Lately, I've been getting several projects ready to take to Quilt Camp, but took time in the last week to make a few cute bags. The first one was inspired by the bag a friend was carrying, and an "I could make that" moment. I had a batch of charm squares in my stash and put them together for the bag and lining. I love the envelope pocket on the front, all I need now is a cute green button to finish it off. There actually is a pattern for this bag, but I knew I could wing it without a pattern, so I gave it a go.

Next was this "Camille" bag from a Peggy Sturgis pattern. The outer fabric of the bag was actually a mistake I made for the lining of a previous bag. I was frustrated with it at the time, and stuck it away.After looking at it for a bit, I figured I could rework it for a new carry-all bag for work. I like the style, but it seems a little dull to me, so I'm still considering what I might do to give it a little more "flair". Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment