Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I love my hutch

This is the hutch Bruce got me for Mother's Day. I may have mentioned in my last post, but I LOVE THIS HUTCH! Since Bruce is a wordworker, it's really hard for him to understand my passion for old pieces where the drawers don't exactly fit and the wood in the center of something has a bow in it. But, he does try to appreciate that those are the very reasons I'm drawn to the piece. That's why he lugged this 7 footer all the way up to the back bedroom. I've just started putting in my quilts. I have 5 more to go to my longarm girl soon, so it will look even better as I get more color in it. Don't you just love how the doors don't quite close evenly and the drawers look a little crooked? (OK, if you don't, join my husband in discussion). But, I love it, and him!!



3 comments: