Sunday, May 31, 2009

This one's for Sara

OK, after telling you, I'd try to do something worth writing about, Sara left a comment that she hasn't seen me do anything exciting in the 28 years she's known me. Wow, I'm stunned. So, to shake things up, I decided to go to Ghana!!! Actually, I've known for quite a while that I wanted to do a medical mission, and have been looking around for the right one. I got an email on Thursday that Project CURE needs OB nurses for a mission to Ghana the end of August. I knew immediately that this was the trip for me (being geographically challenged, though, I had no idea where Ghana was). Needless to say, Bruce was a little more cautious in his approach and searched the FBI, CDC and numerous other websites to check out all the details. I prayed that if this was the right trip, God would smooth the way and open all the doors. So far, it has all been like God not only made the way straight, He made it a super highway. At work, my director and manager gave their approval easily and it all seems like a go at this point. So, put your prayer caps on, and we'll see how this all comes about. I'll keep you posted as we go through the process. Today, we will be filling out all our applications papers and getting them sent in. Check step one off the list!!

1 comment:

  1. Boy-howdy, you weren't kidding about doing something exciting. You've either had practice or been storing up for The Big One. It will be a delight to watch your progress toward the mission and a privilege to pray. Ü

    ReplyDelete