Saturday, July 18, 2009

My latest creation

I finished up my latest quilt, "Borderland in Butternut and Blue". Each block is based on a woman from the Civil War Era. These women were all on either the Missouri or Kansas side of the border, one (Missouri) a slave state, and one, Kansas a Free State. It was a project that took a year to complete, and learning about each of the women, and their trials and perspective of the times they lived in, was a great experience. The quilt was designed by Barbara Brackman, who is from Lawrence, Kansas, our home town. I know I say this each time I finish a quilt, but this is my favorite! My friend, Jody, did an amazing job on the quilting, doing a seperate design for each block.


2 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful. I can hardly wait to get started. I only hope that I live that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and quite an illustration of your piecing abilities. I'm impressed. Ü

    ReplyDelete